Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diva Dress Sale - A Mainstream Woman's Perspective

I really do believe in all that Goodwill Industries does and stands for - otherwise I wouldn't work for them. But the upcoming Diva Dress Sale (our 1st ever!) really hits that special place in my heart! I realize Goodwill shopping isn't for everyone. I know there are the people that love shopping at Saks on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Or the ever-true Old Navy fans. Or any other popular retail store. But ladies ... if you have ANY event this spring or summer that you'll want to look your best at, you really should consider stopping by the Goodwill Diva Dress Sale and at least seeing what we have to offer.

If you're anything like me (and I think I can speak for a pretty big majority of the woman out there ... at least my friends have all agreed), I wait until a few weeks before the "big event" and decide to head out to the local mall to try and find something stunning to wear. IT NEVER WORKS OUT! I always leave either 1) crying because I didn't find one single dress, or 2) lucky to find one dress that is just "alright". Well, some of you that know me know that I recently had the opportunity to work with Georgette Braun from the Rockford Register Star and do the cover photo and a photo on the inside (and a GREAT article from Georgette) in the GO Section. Well, through that process I tried on alot of dresses from our Diva Collection. 100% honestly, I found AT LEAST 8 dresses that I loved and would have worn at any time to a special event! I couldn't believe it!

Also, most women who buy a special occasion dress only wear it once. Even dresses for occasions such as wedding receptions or cocktail parties. If I buy a dress for a wedding reception, I most definitely can't wear it to the next wedding reception and have the other ladies say, "Didn't Shannon wear that to the last wedding reception we saw her at"? So unfortunately, no matter how cute the dress, it usually only gets worn once. What a shame to spend over $100 on a dress that you only wear once. Well at this Diva Sale, the most you'll spend on a dress is $30 (and that's for our selection of wedding dresses) - reception or cocktail dresses will sell for a mere $10. Now having gone through the selection for the GO article, I honestly can say that these dresses are in PERFECT shape. They're like brand new. They've all been hand-picked by a few of our staff members from all of our stores in N. IL and S. WI and will be brought to one location - the Holiday Inn in Rockford. How convenient, right?

So now you know why I personally feel so passionate about this particular event. I truly believe in it. I believe it's the obviously smart thing to do. And I believe that any amount of money spent at the sale will go to a great cause - to help fund Goodwill's many programs that help the local community with training, education and job placement...something in this economy that is very much needed.

With all that said, if you are interested in attending here are the details: Sunday, May 16th at the Holiday Inn in Rockford (7550 East State St) from 10am to 4pm. Wear a leotard or other tight fitting clothing as fitting rooms are unavailable - you can just try on the dress right there! The Holiday Inn will be offering refreshing cocktails & other refreshments to all Divas to make for a super fun experience. Dress prices will range from $10 to $30, Shoes will be $5, Handbags will be $5, and all jewelry will be $2.

I truly hope to see you there! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment